The New York Red Bulls Training Programs attended the 36th Annual Long Island Junior Soccer League Convention from March 9 through March 11. The weekend saw over 7,000 attendees enjoy seminars, discussions, receptions and exhibits at the Hilton Huntington Hotel in Melville, NY.
The Red Bulls itinerary began on Friday evening with an exclusive VIP Partner gathering designed to bring our regional partners together to share best practices for the coming season. Followed by RBTP staff attending the annual LIJSL Presidents Dinner.
“Each year the Long Island soccer community gathers to share their enthusiasm and passion for the game and to honor the volunteers, coaches and parents that support the development of over 65,000 players in the region, said Red Bulls Training Programs Regional Manager Jerome Vivona. “Our responsibility and goal in being part of the annual event is to engage, develop and educate the community so young players will have a long-lasting opportunity to learn and play the beautiful game.”
Saturday and Sunday:
- RBTP addressed the League President’s in their individual planning meetings.
- RBTP met with LIJSL Leadership and reviewed the strength of our ongoing RDS and Official Camp Partnerships.
- Announced the establishment of a new partnership with ENYYSA – the ENYYSA Red Bulls Young Olympians Program.
- Red Bull Youth Specialists Shared available Youth Experiences at the Arena with the league presidents.
- RBTP Hosted a Booth on the Exhibition floor
- Red Bull Street team brought the exhibition to a standstill with their Saturday morning and afternoon demonstrations.
- RBTP Staff and Robert Montgomery attended the 6th Annual Long Island Soccer Players Hall of Fame awards dinner.
- RBTP Education Department was represented by Coaching Education Manager, Bryan Alcantara with an on field training session demonstration featuring RDS regional team players on Saturday. The session was titled: Improving Soccer IQ through player centered environments.