The New York Red Bulls Academy: The Homestay Program
The New York Red Bulls Academy: An Overview
The New York Red Bulls Academy is a cost-free program that aspires to help develop the best talent in the New York-New Jersey Metro Area. Academy players train a minimum of three times a week and play a maximum of two games under the supervision of our professional staff. The programs are designed to assist dedicated and talented players in reaching the highest levels of the game.
The goal of the New York Red Bulls Academy is to educate and develop youth players. These players will gain technical expertise, tactical awareness and professional discipline -- skills that will help them advance to the New York Red Bulls professional team.
The Red Bulls Academy Homestay Program: The Need
The New York Red Bulls Academy aims to attract the best players from the Tri-state area and beyond. Some “local” players will travel 2-3 hours to our training facility in Whippany, NJ. However, commensurate to the wider-draw of our Academy, we have also identified players from around the country wishing to train and play here. The objective of the homestay program is to place these “homestay” players with suitable host families within our local NJ communities.
The Red Bulls Academy Homestay Program: The Experience
Opening your home to a new “family member” can be an extremely rewarding experience. In partnering with us to provide a supportive, holistic and enriching experience for a young person committing to their dreams, your family will gain much more than a sense of virtue from doing “good deed”:
- Support the strategic growth of the New York Red Bulls Academy
- Develop a deeper connection with the New York Red Bulls Academy and its future
- Cultivate life-long relationships beyond NJ
- Enrich your daily routine with new perspective and excitement
- Invest in young people and their aspirations
- Share and show NJ/NY at its best for your family and “extended” family
The Red Bulls Academy Homestay Program: The Support
- An Education & Welfare Officer located close-by to work with your family throughout the year
- A monthly stipend to defray costs associated with being a host family
- Access to Red Bulls tickets for each host family
The Red Bulls Academy Homestay Program: The Steps
- Complete the online application HERE so that we can learn more about you and your family
- The Education and Welfare Officer will reach out to set up an in-home interview
- A thorough background check will be performed for each potential host family
- If there are no more players to place after step 3, pre-approved families will remain on file for the next available placement
- Homestay families invited to The Academy for a program presentation and meet and greet
- Player and Player’s Family visit the matched Host Family at the Host Family’s home
The Red Bulls Academy Homestay Program: The Expectations
- A warm and welcoming home. The player must be provided with his own room, bathroom access, internet connection, laundry facility, all utilities, workspace and a comfortable bed.
- Three nutritious meals per day, including healthy snack options (seven days per week or as needed).
- Submission to a background check and engagement in Homestay procedural screenings (including but not limited to: in-home interview and program presentation)
- The players will be between the ages of 14-18. Consequently, most Homestay players will need to be driven to school, training and games.
- Regular and ongoing communication with the New York Red Bulls Academy Education and Welfare Officer
For additional information, please contact our Education and Welfare Officer: Samuel.Gough@newyorkredbulls.com