RDS Soccer Training:
The New York Red Bulls set the pace for elite soccer training in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, as the first MLS team to boast a satellite based, pre-academy feeder system, the Regional Development School (RDS). The RDS offers advanced soccer players the opportunity to develop their game on a supplementary basis, and is now widely recognized as the single most successful route into the Academy teams.
RDS Training Overview:
The RDS offers young soccer players, boys and girls, aged 8 - 14 an opportunity to receive supplementary training from New York Red Bulls’ professional trainers. Intended solely for competitive and elite travel level soccer players, the advanced curriculum is specially designed to target individual, technical aspects of the game.
During the spring, fall, and winter, acceptance on the RDS is strictly subject to try-out, to continually ensure the highest level of competition. During the summer, sleep away residential camps are available on a try out basis, whilst day camps are open registration to all. All RDS try outs are free of charge.
To see the locations currently open for registration, and get enrolled for your RDS try out, click here.
- Low coaching ratio allows players to receive excellent individual attention and coach interaction.
- Gender specific locations offer a more competitive and realistic training environment.
- Comprehensive player evaluation, detailing strengths and challenges, delivered at the conclusion of the program.
- The highest level players from within the RDS are selected to represent the New York Red Bulls in showcase tournaments across the area.
- The select few who truly excel in the RDS, will earn the opportunity to try out for the full Academy teams, which begin at the age of U14.
- Specialty programs such as goalkeeper, and futsal-based Futbolinho curriculums available at select locations.
- A variety of training options on a year round basis. Spring, fall, and winter training sessions offer one session per week, and residential and non-residential summer camps offer a week of intensive training.
Questions? To visit the RDS FAQ, click here.
The following video shares an overview of the RDS program: