What is it?
The New York Red Bulls have unveiled a new tournament festival for boys and girls youth teams with players born 2007 to 2010. This is the Red Generation Cup! The festival is free to enter for youth clubs and each of the eight boys and girls teams that play at the event will receive an invitation to be recognized at a Red Bulls home game.
What clubs/teams are eligible?
Youth clubs with players born 2007 to 2010.
How do teams apply?
- Enter your team name and info into the entry form found here: Entry Form
- The link will close when spaces are full or at 5pm June 5th, whichever comes first.
Red Generation Cup will be held at the Red Bulls Training Facility in East Hanover, NJ on Sunday June 25, 2017. A New York Red Bulls representative will reach out to all applied teams on June 5th 2017.
1. How many players from a team can participate in Red Generation Cup?
Teams can register up to 12 players (a minimum of 6 players must attend Red Generation Cup).
2. Do all of the players need to be from the same team?
No, they just need to be from the same club.
3. How many teams per club can play at Red Generation Cup?
Any number of teams may apply.
4. Do I need a coach for my team?
Yes. If you are a parent willing to put on your best "Jesse Marsch", you'll do just fine coaching within our format.
5. Do we need player cards?
No, but make sure you bring your players!
6. What is the format of the Red Generation Cup?
It will run festival style small sided fields with exact rules and game schedules will be sent to the accepted teams. The event is focused on the importance of developing technical creative and confident players as opposed to winning at all costs. The Red Bulls approach is to help inspire passion in the next generation of young players, through this unique festival concept we aim to give individual players the opportunity express themselves in a fun and challenging environment.