RDS Residential soccer camps:
Red Bulls pre-academy feeder system, the RDS, also offers residential soccer camps throughout New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. These soccer camps, staffed by the recognized RDS coaches, offer a unique opportunity for players to immerse themselves in the RDS soccer experience, surrounded by familiar faces.
These advanced soccer camps are characterized by a highly demanding off field experience, where young campers are held accountable to the high standards of personal behavior that help to mold a successful soccer player, and a potential academy candida
The huge demand for these camps has led to a number of exciting new features for this year’s camps. As such, these premium sleep-away experiences are now bigger, better, and more memorable than ever.
Exciting developments for 2013:
- RDS Residential Camps are now gender specific, thus opening more space for the area’s top male and female talent, and creating a more focused and realistic on field training environment. Boys camps are available at East Stroudsburg University, Peddie High School, and Golden Goal Park, while a girls only camps is offered at Peddie High School. For families wishing to send siblings of mixed gender to the same camp, a co-ed option is featured at Golden Goal.
- No longer closing on Thursday morning, RDS Residential camps have now been extended to include lunch on Thursday, an afternoon training session, and a late check-out. The extended schedule means these camps now run from Sunday lunchtime, until Thursday evening, allowing four and a half full days of training.
- RDS Residential camp participants now receive an enhanced welcome package, featuring four training tee-shirts (one for each day of training), a water bottle, kit bag, and adidas shorts and socks. All participants receive a ball at the end of the week, and a thorough written camper evaluation is sent via email at the conclusion of the camp.
- Each RDS camp now features a mental training workshop on the Monday of camp, providing players with a variety of performance enhancement tools to help them maximize their potential on not only on camp, but in all soccer experiences beyond.
The 2013 RDS Residential Schedule offers a total of 6 camp options, at three great locations:
- East Stroudsburg University: Sunday, June 16th to Thursday June 20th (Boys only)
- Peddie High School: Sunday July 21st to Thursday July 25th (Boys only)
- Peddie High School: Sunday, July 28th to Thursday, August 1st (Girls only)
- Peddie High School: Sunday, August 4th, to Thursday, August 8th (Boys only)
- Golden Goal Tournament Park: Sunday, August 18th to Thursday, August 22nd (Co-ed)
- Golden Goal Tournament Park: Sunday, August 25th, to Thursday, August 29th (Boys only)
Existing RDS participants are now pre-approved for all RDS Residential Camps, and are waived the try-out process. Any player who has participated in a try-out based RDS at any point over the past 18 months may register for their chosen RDS Residential camp immediately, without the need for additional assessment. Qualifying programs include the try out based spring, fall, and winter RDS, and try out based RDS Residential Summer Camps. Participation in an open registration RDS summer day camp does not pre-qualify a player for RDS Residential Camps.
Existing RDS participants can get access to a private link, providing immediate acceptance on camp, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
New applicants must attend an open try-out, in order to be selected for camp. Last year, over 2000 players applied for a space on an RDS Residential Camp, resulting in all camps being fully booked, and closed for registration, weeks ahead of the try-out date. With a large percentage of spaces being taken up by returning RDS participants, demand for this year’s camps is likely to be even more overwhelming, and so interested parties are advised to register immediately to avoid disappointment.
New applicants should register for try-out by visiting: http://www.rbnytraining.com/user-pages/public/camps/select-camp.asp?REGION_ID=7
To visit the RDS FAQ, click here
, or E-mail us