A New York Red Bulls Mini KICK Soccer Camp is targeted to players ages 5 - 6 years. Research shows that a player who is just starting out needs to immediately experience the fun aspect of the game. Therefore, the Mini KICK Soccer Camp focuses on teaching soccer fundamentals in a fun based play environment.
Below is more information regarding the structure of the Red Bulls Mini KICK Soccer Camp. At the bottom of the page there is a link which provides access to a list of Red Bulls Mini Kick Camps.
Sample Mini KICK Activity
Characteristics of a U6 Player
- Short attention span
- Learn through fun and games
- Easily fatigued, quick recovery, play at two speeds - on or off
- Lack balance and coordination
The mini KICK camp curriculum focuses on two main areas: (1) PHYSICAL LITERACY & (2) BALL AWARENESS
(1) PHYSICAL LITERACY
- Tag based activities to promote changes in speed and direction
- Movement based activities to promote the development of motor skills
- Small sided games to promote healthy competition
(2) BALL AWARENESS
- Ball related activities to promote physical literacy and technique familiarity
- Imaginative, cartoon based games to promote fun and maintain player focus
- 5 day camp, each session lasts for 90 minutes
- Individual sessions consist of many short, fun activities
- Lots of short breaks
- A non directive, fun based coaching style is adopted
The program can be hosted by any sports organization that has the ability to provide a suitable field. To view a list of current camp locations visit our registration center.
Fore More Information or to host a Mini KICK Camp:
Download PDF Flyer