The National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) and the New York Red Bulls have partnered to offer a special topics course:
Players Roles & Responsibilities
- Course: NSCAA Special Topics: Players' Roles & Responsibilities
- Duration: 6 hours
- Dates: Friday, April 29, 2016
- Time: 3 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. (check-in at 3 p.m.)
- Location: Red Bull Arena, 600 Cape May Street, Harrison, NJ 07029
- Cost: $95 per coach
Course Content & Focus
The workshop will be held in conjunction with a Red Bulls professional Major League Soccer (MLS) match versus FC Dallas on Friday, April 29.
Prior to the match, course attendees will participate in a three-hour workshop delivered by NSCAA Director of Coach Education, Ian Barker. The course will include a pre-match discussion by a Red Bulls first team coach and field level viewing of the warm ups. To conclude, a post-match analysis will also be conducted.
This course will focus on match analysis with an emphasis on players' roles and responsibilities and will help coaches understand how this important skill can be used to develop players individually and as a team.
Note: The course cost includes one game ticket.
- 3 to 3:30 PM: Check-in
- 3:30 to 6 PM: Course Presentation
- 6 to 6:30 PM: Break/Move Field Side
- 6:30 to 7 PM: Observe Pre-Match Warm Ups
- 7 to 7:45 PM: First Half Analysis
- 7:45 to 8 PM: Group Discussion
- 8 to 8:45 PM: Second Half Analysis
- 8:45 to 9:30 PM: Post-Match Analysis
Any candidates taking the course who have never previously been a NSCAA member will receive a free one-year NSCAA introductory membership.