There are a number of ways that talented players can be identified to become part of the New York Red Bulls Academy, including:
- Assessment in their own environments (e.g., club, school, state or regional teams)
- Recommendations from personnel within the professional game
- Recommendations from Regional Development School (RDS) coaches
- Recommendations from Training program staff who work with local clubs
- Personal application
Our network of scouts and coaches will watch thousands of players each season. The New York Red Bulls have a reputation as a club renowned for its successful development of players, the recruitment of young talent is a priority for the Academy.
If you are planning on submitting a personal application for an academy try out, please download the forms below and mail to:
RBNY Academy Try-out application
Red Bull Arena
600 Cape May Street
Harrison, NJ, 07029
Please Note: The New York Red Bulls does not currently have a residential program. Players that we invite in for tryout must reside in commuting distance to our training facility in East Hanover or Newark, NJ.
Contacting Academy Coaches
To support your tryout application please email the academy coach listed below for your appropriate age group. When making an inquiry please be sure to provide following:
1. Completed Tryout Application
2. Playing Resume – Include coaches contact information for clubs that you list
3. Video link – We strongly encourage sending game footage or highlight of you playing in a competitive game (no training video please)
Year of Birth:
Please Note: Academy Coaches will only respond to those players that we have an interest in inviting in to Tryout.
Players aged 8 to 14, should first apply for a try-out in the Regional Development Schools (RDS). This satellite based, supplementary training program allows players to enter the Red Bulls Player development system at a younger age, and within their own communities. Here players receive the technical instruction and support required to provide them with a more seamless transition into the full Academy teams, when they reach an eligible age. For more information on the RDS, click here